Terms and Conditions – Contingency Planning Service
Last Modified: September 6, 2021
Welcome to the terms and conditions for the Contingency Planning Service (these “Terms”). These Terms are between you, individually and on behalf of any Person (as hereinafter defined) that employs you and/or that you represent in connection with the Services (as hereinafter defined) (individually and collectively, the “Client”), and ENTERPRISE FINANCIAL PARTNERS, LLC, a Missouri limited liability company sometimes doing business as AdviserXchange (the “Consultant”), and govern our respective rights and obligations with respect to the Services.
1. Services. Consultant will provide up to four (4) hours of time with a representative of Consultant for the purpose of providing the following services to Client:
(a) general guidance on the creation and implementation of a contingent succession plan with respect to an investment or financial advisory business directly or indirectly owned, in whole or in part, by Client and/or one or more individuals or entities affiliated with or specified by Client (the “Business”); and
(b) assistance in the preparation and completion of Consultant’s contingent succession plan template document based on the stated objectives of Client with respect to the Business and any other Information (as hereinafter defined) provided to Consultant by Client pursuant to these Terms (collectively, the “Services”).
Client acknowledges and agrees that all work product and templates (collectively, the “Documentation”) produced for or otherwise provided to Client pursuant to the Services will remain the property of Consultant and that, except for the purposes described herein (i.e., a one-time use of the template(s) as referenced in Section 3 below), the Documentation may not be used for any other transaction, succession arrangement, or purpose, or shared, published, or redistributed in any way, without (i) the express written consent of Consultant, and (ii) the payment of any additional fees required by Consultant.
2. Consulting Fee. Client will pay to Consultant $2,000.00 (the “Consulting Fee”) for the performance of the Services. Consultant will, unless otherwise agreed, process Client’s payment of the Consulting Fee using Consultant’s designated merchant account provider or other approved method of payment. Client will also pay to Consultant $500.00 per hour for each hour, or portion thereof, in excess of the four (4) hours of time made available to Client to perform the Services pursuant to these Terms. Client acknowledges and agrees that additional fees and retainers (collectively, the “Additional Fees”) may also be required by Consultant for any related consulting services and/or activities requested by Client that, in the sole discretion of Consultant, exceed the scope of the Services described in Section 1 above (collectively, the “Supplemental Services”). In such instances, the Supplemental Services will be documented separately by the parties, and the Additional Fees will be due and payable on demand or as otherwise specified by Consultant. All fees and retainers (including, without limitation, the Additional Fees) are non-refundable.
3. Completion Time. The Services will be performed by Consultant as soon as practicable after being engaged by Client, and in any event within thirty (30) days after Consultant’s receipt of any requested or required Information from Client, or as otherwise agreed to between the parties hereto; provided, however, that if Client does not provide Consultant with all such requested or required Information within one (1) year after purchasing the Services (the “Anniversary Date”), and unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the parties hereto, Consultant will be deemed to have earned its base fee, fulfilled its obligations hereunder, and thereafter have no further obligation to Client with respect to these Terms or the Services; provided further, however, that Client may obtain a copy of the template document(s) for a one-time use, provided a written request is made to Consultant within ten (10) days after the Anniversary Date.
4. Client Responsibilities. Client will cooperate with Consultant in all reasonable respects in matters relating to the provision of the Services. Such cooperation will include, without limitation, the prompt delivery of all information and documentation (collectively, the “Information”) requested or otherwise required by Consultant to enable Consultant to perform the Services. Client acknowledges and agrees that Consultant’s performance is dependent upon the timely and effective satisfaction of Client’s responsibilities hereunder and timely decisions and approvals of Client in connection with the Services.
5. Accuracy and Completeness of Information. Client recognizes and confirms that, in performing the Services, Consultant: (a) will use and rely on the accuracy and completeness of the Information provided or otherwise made available to Consultant by Client without having any obligation to independently verify the accuracy or completeness of such Information; and (b) does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Information and will not have any liability whatsoever to Client or any third party if such Information is inaccurate or incomplete. Further, Client acknowledges that Consultant may use third party service providers, as well as information and data obtained from others, to assist with the completion of the Services. Client agrees that Consultant will not be responsible for, and Consultant makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding any such services, and takes no responsibility for, and provides no assurances regarding, the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any such information or data.
6. No Legal, Tax, or Accounting Advice or Services. Notwithstanding any term or provision to the contrary in these Terms or otherwise, Client acknowledges, agrees, and stipulates that: (a) Consultant does not offer or provide legal, tax, or accounting advice or services and will not provide any such advice or services in connection with the Services; and (b) by purchasing the Services, Client understands and accepts sole responsibility to consult with Client’s own legal counsel and tax and accounting professionals or otherwise seek and obtain the services of such professionals acceptable to Client in connection with all such matters involving the Services. Client further acknowledges and agrees that the services of such legal, tax, and accounting professionals will be procured by Client at Client’s sole cost and expense, and that such cost and expense is not included in any fees payable to Consultant pursuant to these Terms or otherwise.
7. Independent Contractor. Client acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Consultant has been retained solely to provide the Services and will act as an independent contractor and not as an employee of Client; and (b) the Services will be performed by Consultant at its principal place of business or such other locations as determined by Consultant in its sole and absolute discretion.
8. Limitation on Warranties. THIS IS A SERVICES ENGAGEMENT. CONSULTANT WARRANTS THAT IT WILL PERFORM THE SERVICES IN GOOD FAITH AND IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. CONSULTANT DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CLIENT’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY ERRORS OR INACCURACIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE DELVERABLES PROVIDED BY CONSULTANT IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS (THE “DELIVERABLES”) WILL BE FOR CONSULTANT TO USE GOOD-FAITH EFFORTS TO CORRECT, OR CAUSE TO BE CORRECTED, SUCH DELIVERABLES, AS PROMPTLY AS POSSIBLE, PROVIDED CONSULTANT RECEIVES WRITTEN NOTICE FROM CLIENT OF SUCH ERRORS OR INACCURACIES WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS AFTER RECEIVING SUCH FINAL DELIVERABLES.
9. Limitation on Damages. Client agrees that Consultant and its Representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, subcontractors, and vendors, and their respective personnel (collectively, the “Consultant Affiliates”) will not be liable to Client for any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, or expenses relating to an engagement for the Services (“Claims”) for an aggregate amount in excess of the fees paid by Client to Consultant pursuant to such engagement. Further, in no event will Consultant or the Consultant Affiliates be liable for any loss of use, data, goodwill, revenues, or profits (whether or not deemed to constitute direct Claims) or any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or exemplary loss, damage, or expense (including, without limitation, lost profits and opportunity costs) relating to this engagement, the Services, and/or these Terms.
10. Modification and Waiver. These Terms can be modified by Consultant at any time; provided, however, that the terms and conditions in effect for the Services at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of the Services. No failure or delay on the part of Consultant in exercising any right, power, or remedy hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise thereof preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power, or remedy. The rights and remedies provided for herein are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights and remedies that may be available to Consultant at law, in equity, or otherwise.
11. Notices. The parties agree that any notice, request, consent, claim, demand, waiver, change in contact, or other written communication to be provided pursuant to these Terms and/or applicable laws must be in writing and delivered to the applicable party in person or at their address, facsimile number, or email address provided with the purchase of the Services, or at such other address, facsimile number, or email as any party hereto may designate as their address, facsimile number, or email for communications under these Terms by notice so given in accordance with this Section 11. Such notices will be deemed effective on the day on which delivered if delivered in person, on the day on which sent if sent by facsimile or email, on the first (1st) business day after the day on which sent, if sent by recognized overnight courier, and on the third (3rd) business day after the day on which mailed if mailed by U.S postal service first class mail, postage prepaid.
12. Headings; Severability. Headings used in these Terms are for convenience only and are not to be construed as part of these Terms. If any part or portion of these Terms is declared invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining part or portion thereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. Miscellaneous Definitions. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined in the context in which they are used have the meanings ascribed to them below and apply equally to the singular and plural forms of such terms.
“Person” means any individual, corporation, limited liability company, limited or general partnership, joint venture, trust, firm, association, unincorporated organization, governmental authority, or other entity of any kind, including any successor (by merger or otherwise) of such entity, or a group of any of the foregoing acting in concert.