Last Modified: September 9, 2020
Information We Collect from and About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law.
- About you, but individually does not identify you, such as your employer or any affiliated or associated company.
- About your business, such as your broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, assets under management, gross annual revenue, or operating expenses.
- Pertaining to your credit card, debit card, or other payment information, which is collected and processed by a third-party service provider.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us through the Website and automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or through other communications with us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, creating a user account or profile on the Website, subscribing to or signing up for our services, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public or private areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Automatically. You can visit AX on the web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. However, as you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not normally include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. This information may be used by us and our business partners to:
- Measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to the Website in general.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use.
Information collected automatically may also include web tracking technologies, including, but not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AX, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you provide to us or that we collect about you, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or profile.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you for other purposes in relation to our services and send you announcements and information about other products and services (including third party products and services) that may be of interest to you (each, a “Marketing Message”, and collectively, the “Marketing Messages”). You may opt-out of receiving email Marketing Messages at any time by following the instructions provided in any such Marketing Message.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To agents, contractors, service providers, and other third parties (collectively, the “Authorized Persons”) we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (e.g., without limitation, any information that you post to a chat room, bulletin board, or otherwise post as a User Contribution may be available to all persons accessing that part of the Website or any other person or entity that AX, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
How We Maintain Your Information
We restrict internal access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees and Authorized Persons who need to know or have access to that information in order to process it or provide products or services to you. Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help ensure its confidentiality and security.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: AdviserXchange, PO Box 7471, Oxford, AL 36203.
Children Under the Age of 13. The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use.
PO Box 7471
Oxford, AL 36203
Please understand that, in order to protect your privacy and security, we also may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.